Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nikola Tesla

Nikola Tesla this morning, because Nikola Tesla name came up on my facebook page two times recently, then today it showed up again in the bottom corner, where it shows the pages you like.
I like Tesla, a lot. I did not know any thing about him, until my husband and I went to Niagara Falls. They have a nice statue for him overlooking the falls. My husband and I sat on a bench and he explained the whole history of Tesla, Electricity, Edison, Westinghouse and even the Elephant.

I found 2 really terrific U-tube videos to share with you!

The first one tells a summary of Tesla's life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRf0UFgJymU


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHPQq_dxq6U&feature=related

The second video is a clip of what you would see, if you joined my understanding husband, as I drag him on similar adventures. It's set to interesting music. The last time, I tried to do a trip like this, we were stopped by a rather irritated guard as we tried to drive up and look around at the The Roebling Company's Kinkora Works.


1856 lithograph of the John Roebling's Niagara Suspension Bridge. This was the world’s first railway suspension bridge. Completed in 1855, Roebling defied skeptics who did not believe a suspension bridge could safely support a train. Niagara Falls is visible in the background. Lithograph by Charles Parsons. Credit: Library of Congress.
Hmmm, also, Niagara Falls - This picture and description are from  http://www.delrivgreenway.org/heritagetrail/Roebling/RoeblingCompany.html


 More about Roebling coming soon!

No comments: