Monday, October 18, 2010

Cincinnati Engravings and Early Photographs

Continuing on with the distraction theme, lol. Yesterday, while looking for an image of 1850's Cincinnati, before the Roebling bridge was erected. Wow, I found some really great websites. I would like to share them with you and show you where you can find many more, if you are interested.



connellodonovan.com/images/cincinnati_1848.jpg
"Click on "thumbnail" above to see an extremely rare 1848 panoramic daguerreotype,
showing Cincinnati, Ohio from Covington, Kentucky (exactly as Smith and Sheen knew it)
Be sure to hold your cursor over the downloaded photo, and click one more time to see the full image"
This is my favorite find. I really hope you will take a look at the original picture on the site. It is so much better then this thumbnail.  It seems pretty unrelated to the story on his page, but I confess I did not read all of it. If you do and would like to share more information, please add it in the comment section.
______________________________________________________________


This is described as a view near Milford.
It looks to me like Camp Dennison area.
(which I spoke of in the blog about Symmes Township.)

Art as Image
Prints and Promotion in Cincinnati, Ohio

Edited by ALICE M. CORNELL


This is where I found the picture that I used on yesterdays post. It has 100's of wonderful images!!!

____________________________

No comments: