Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Washington DC

I have been away for the past week in Washington DC visiting a Historic Church.



Attending "The National Book Festival" on the Mall

The book fair was interesting and would have been great if the temperature was not over 90 degrees.

 I renewed my Library of Congress readers card and got approved to used the manuscript room.

I was in the Madison Building where the Manuscript room is located. My mission was to locate letters from the Gage family of Vineland to Clara Barton. Success!!!


Now if I could just read them. some are readable some are not. I was able to make copies of the more readable ones and will work on them later today.
I hope to return again soon.

More on Symmes Purchase tomorrow!















1 comment:

mafischer77@gmail.com said...

omg, I am so excited to hear about your week in DC. Did you get over to our historic church?, or was it another you mentioned? I have only once stood outside our dc church, it was late at night and locked up. But I enjoyed even walking around it. Then jumped back into a waiting cab and was off....
I do look forward to someday standing on the awesome staircase and carry a conversation with Rev. Sewall or his daughter, if they feel like visiting that is.